Is it worth it to have your HVAC tuned? Absolutely. This reasonably-priced service will save you a lot of headache in the future. Learn more about HVAC tune-ups and how much they cost.
In addition, we share our HVAC tune-up checklist so you know what to expect when your technician arrives. Below you’ll find a few reasons to have your HVAC tuned from reliable AC companies in Lakeland, FL.
What Exactly Does An Air Conditioner Tune-Up Entail?
The tune-up of your air conditioner involves several steps. The following are the fundamental topics your HVAC specialist ought to cover:
- Electrical connections should be checked and tightened.
- Change the system controls and the thermostat’s settings.
- Evaporator and condenser coils must be clean.
- Clear the outside unit of any fallen leaves and other yard waste.
- Get rid of any obstruction and mold in the condensate drain pipe.
- Verify the refrigerant level.
- Establish appropriate ventilation.
- Clean and tune the fan, belts, and blower motor.
- Change the filter as necessary.
- Oil each moving component.
- Fix any crooked fins.
- Investigate and address potential issues before they turn into big headaches.
Benefits Of An AC Tune-Up
- More Efficient Use of Energy
Have you observed that your energy expenses appear to be going up even if your habits haven’t changed? It can be caused by your air conditioner or a rise in energy prices.
Your air conditioner may be working harder than it should because of the accumulation of dirt and debris on its filter and coils. To prevent greater energy costs, getting a tune-up will help the unit operate at its highest efficiency.
- Longer Lifespan
Since buying a new air conditioner is a significant investment, most homeowners undoubtedly want to put it off as long as they can. Making ensuring your present unit is maintained regularly can help it last as long as feasible.
Regular tune-ups can identify issues before it affects your AC’s performance. Additionally, it keeps it from working too hard, which would reduce its longevity.
- Prevent Emergency Breakdowns
The worst scenario is for an air conditioner to go down in the middle of summer. This will lead you to have to pay for urgent repairs or, worse still, the price of a new device.
Having your air conditioner tuned up at the beginning of the season ensures it will function correctly throughout the summer. You won’t have to stress about an unexpected repair fee or the danger of going without air conditioning for an extended period if you have planned tune-ups.
- Better Air Quality
What occurs if dirt accumulates inside your air conditioner? Consider where the dirt will end up; one possibility is in your ductwork and throughout your house. The alternate route is into the appliance and its drains, where water may accumulate and back up, encouraging mold formation and mildew.
Regular maintenance keeps your system clean, which keeps the air inside your house clean, making you more comfortable. Homeowners benefit greatly from air conditioning tune-ups. They recover a large portion of the AC unit’s lost capacity and efficiency.
Tune-ups increase dependability by identifying issues before they result in breakdowns. However, the gains in energy efficiency rarely equal the price of a yearly tune-up. If you are looking for AC contractors near me, Contact Snowbird Heating & Cooling for more information.
Knowledge of HVAC troubleshooting is important to keep in mind in order to ensure your HVAC system is functioning properly. Because of your HVAC system, your house will have optimal temperatures and quality indoor outdoor air exchange.
You may find yourself in a difficult situation if you don’t maintain your HVAC correctly, especially during the summer when temperatures are too high or during the winter when temperatures are too low.
Troubleshooting Tips to Understand Your HVAC Better.
Homeowners need essential troubleshooting tips to help them when their HVAC breaks down. Listed below are a few problems and how to troubleshoot them.
- Thermostat Malfunction
Thermostats are generally reliable machines. However, they occasionally break down or need repair. Check the thermostat for electricity if your system won’t start or turn on.
Your thermostat may malfunction when its batteries run low, but if you replace the batteries regularly, it should function normally once again. A professional AC technician in Lakeland, FL, to re-calibrate your equipment and adjust it on or off and other reading functions. This may be a requirement.
- Filter Blockage
Filter blockage prevents warm or cold air from emanating from the unit because it restricts airflow. You should clean and change your air filters every two to three months.
Additionally, remember to examine the outside unit of your HVAC system routinely. Remove any debris from the vicinity, such as stray branches, leaves, and dirt.
- No Power
There is a possibility that a power surge caused your circuit breaker to trip. Rodents or other vermin may have chewed on the cord. Therefore you should inspect it for any damage or fraying.
After removing the old one, change the AC power cord with a high-voltage appliance. If the appliance works, there could be an issue with the outlet; if it doesn’t, there might be an issue with the appliance itself.
Act fast if you notice a peculiar odor from your heater or air conditioner since it can be mildew or burned wiring. The most frequent source of offensive HVAC odors is mold, which can harm your health. Contact an AC specialist in Lakeland, Florida, if burned wiring or electrical connections are the sources of the odor.
- Loud Noise
Damaged fans may make a loud noise that is difficult to ignore. Even little dust and grit can make fans run more nosy. If the latter is the situation, thorough cleaning of your appliance could be able to reduce or get rid of the sound.
The issue is that it’s not simple to identify what’s creating the sounds in your unit and where they are coming from. To guarantee that the unit is repaired correctly and that more damage is prevented, request a reputable HVAC firm evaluate and fix the unit.
To Sum Up
Keeping your HVAC system working at its best can be achieved in several ways. In addition, these tips can help you detect an issue with your system sooner than later.
To ensure your HVAC system is operating efficiently, we recommend regular maintenance by a professional. If you are looking for air conditioning maintenance near me, contact Snowbird Heating & Cooling.
For every homeowner in Florida, an air conditioning devices’ purpose is to help us remain comfortable in the sweltering summer heat. These cooling devices control the temperature during humid weather, allowing you to relax in more comfortable temperatures. However, can you use your air conditioning device even in cold weather?
Have you heard that using your cooling unit in winter is a bad idea? Many expert HVAC technicians usually do not recommend using an air conditioner during winters as it puts unnecessary strain on the internal parts, leading to costly repairs and untimely AC replacement in Lakeland, FL.
Will Using an Air Conditioning Appliance in Winter Damage it?
What Temperature is Excessively Chilly for Air Conditioning Devices?
Your air conditioning device’s operations never remain restricted to simply chilling the air inside a confined space. It also works by controlling the temperature in a room to ensure it’s not excessively cold or overly hot.
In addition, numerous HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) manufacturers advise homeowners to refrain from switching on their air conditioning devices when the outside temperature is less than 59 degrees Fahrenheit. Turning the device on when it is cold can harm the machine, and you may experience more issues once the weather gets hotter.
Moreover, if you wish to examine your new air conditioning model during the cooler months, it is most reasonable to wait until the outdoor temperatures are warmer. This way, the oil that oils the air conditioner’s internal parts will warm up before heading through the equipment. Likewise, this approach will ensure no ice is present inside your condenser unit before switching it on.
Like other electronic devices, your air conditioning system also has some constraints. Hence it is usually best to abstain from operating your cooling system when it is excessively chilly outside. Also, if you are planning to get a repair, replacement, or AC installation in Lakeland, FL, look no further than Snowbird Heating & Cooling. For more details about our expert HVAC assistance, call us at (863) 551-3411.
Summertime is here in Florida, and it is now time for air conditioning devices to provide their cooling capabilities. Like any other electric device, air conditioning appliances require routine tune-ups. Schedule the routine tune-up of your cooling unit by looking for the best ‘air conditioning maintenance near me’. Once you find a company you trust, an expert can assist you.
Common Reasons Why Your Air Conditioning Device Stops Working
Below are some prevalent reasons why an AC appliance usually stops working:
- Faulty Thermostat
One of the most prevalent reasons your air conditioning device may not be accurately functioning might be due to a faulty thermostat. If your thermostat device is not exhibiting the correct temperature, check the batteries and replace them if they are dead. Nevertheless, if your thermostat device is still not functioning, replace it immediately with a smart programmable thermostat device for adequate control.
- Blown Fuse or Tripped Circuit Breaker
Another common reason for your cooling unit not working is a tripped circuit breaker or a blown-out fuse. The circuit breaker trips off when there is generally high voltage. So when this happens, give your cooling unit 15-20 minutes before turning on the circuit breaker for it to calm down. On the other hand, in the case of a blown AC fuse, it is better to get the replacement done immediately to avoid further damage.
- Age of the Appliance
If you face a situation where your air conditioning appliance suddenly stops operating, it may be because its service life is over. If you have been continuously using your cooling unit for over a decade and encountered costly repairs frequently, maybe it’s time to call professionals for a replacement.
Signs that mean it’s time for an AC replacement are an unexpected rise in utility bills, poor air quality, frequent repairs, inefficient cooling, refrigerant leakages, foul odor, popping noises, and much more.
- Lack of Regular Maintenance
To keep your air conditioning device as efficient as possible, you must guarantee that your cooling unit is undergoing frequent maintenance. Regular maintenance controls significant breakdowns and ensures the optimum performance of your air conditioner. Furthermore, you must clean the outdoor device and replace the coils and air filters once every three months to avoid costly replacements and repairs.
- Refrigerant or Coolant Leakages
The refrigerant or coolant is accountable for absorbing the hot air from the atmosphere and releasing it outside your house. Due to leakages or other issues, the refrigerant quantity decreases, causing many problems. In such circumstances, call a professional technician immediately and do not delay as refrigerant or coolant leakages can cause severe health concerns.
If your air conditioning device is not operating even after trying every troubleshooting technique, our experts at Snowbird Heating & Cooling, Inc. can fix it immediately. At Snowbird Heating & Cooling, Inc., we are one of the leading AC companies in Lakeland, FL, that offer the best cooling and heating services. Call us at (863) 551-3411 to schedule a service today.
ACs are costly equipment, meant to provide cool air for a long time. However, they also have a lifespan, and after a few years, ACs start showing signs that it is time to replace them. The lifespan varies depending upon the AC brand, its usage and maintenance.
But sooner or later, you need to replace your AC so that it does not affect your health, cause ill effects to the environment, or make you spend a lot more on electricity bills. Take the help of the best company offering AC replacement in Lakeland, FL– Snow Bird Heating and Cooling.
Signs Your AC Needs to Be Replaced
- It has been used for more than ten years– Keeping your air conditioner well maintained can allow it to lead a good life for up to 15-20 years. But if not taken care of properly, the air conditioner’s life span will reduce to 10 years. Just because your air conditioner still gives you cool air doesn’t mean it is in its best condition. An increase in age leads to less efficiency and more electricity units. Please get it checked and see if it is time to replace it or not.
- It is asking for daily repairs– Maintenance of the air conditioner is a priority and must be done regularly. But if you are facing trouble in repairing the same part over and again, or your air conditioner is not providing cool air even after a technical checkup, you should start considering replacing it. If your AC is demanding regular repairs, maybe it is time to replace it.
- It provides improper airflow– Lowering the temperature and still unable to receive cool air? This is the issue of poor airflow due to the blocked passage. This blocked passage creates a problem with the compressor or the other complex part of the air conditioner. In this case, it is worth replacing the air conditioner, or it will become a liability.
- You are receiving higher bills than usual– If not turning off the air conditioner even for a single minute increases your bill rates instead of the cooling levels; this implies that you may need to replace your air conditioner soon. The air conditioner often provides cooling but still bills you more than usual. This is due to trouble with the air-conditioner and is a sign that you should replace it.
- The AC imparts an unpleasant smell– If the air conditioner is excreting an embarrassing odor, the technician must check it. Sometimes, some parts start producing harmful gas. Also, the machinery gets rust due to leakage and can even bring out a spark. It is better to replace it if you face any such condition.
- It is making unusual sounds– If you have been using your air conditioner for the last 8-9 years, it is easy to find out the unusual sounds created by it. Thus, if you start to face any strange sounds, it is best to call the technician and ask for consultation and suggestions regarding the repair or replacement of the AC.
Are you also experiencing any of the signs mentioned above? Then maybe it is time for you to get your AC replaced. Get expert advice from highly trained technicians at Snow Bird Heating and Cooling, and if required, get your old AC replaced with a brand new, highly efficient AC.
An AC is one of the most important things you require in the summer season. However, spending a lot of money to get the cool air you deserve is not necessary. Knowingly or unknowingly, you have been wasting a lot of energy and your money by using your ACs improperly.
You can take help and guidance from an AC technician in Lakeland, Florida, to get knowledge of the best practices related to AC. This article is your guide to getting energy-efficient air conditioning that helps your pocket and the environment.
How to Ensure the Installation of an Energy Efficient AC
While installing an AC in your home, you should keep in mind a few things to ensure its efficiency.
- The Size of the Home– You should choose the correct sized AC to meet your home’s cooling needs. Buying a smaller AC can lead to less energy efficiency. Also, getting an AC larger than your needs can affect your budget. By installing an AC unit to the size of your home, you end up receiving the wrong and undesirable air temperatures and lose the comfort you were supposed to get.
- SEER Rating– The SEER or the seasonal energy efficiency ratio rating on any AC determines the energy consumption of the AC. Good SEER rating pertains to lesser energy being consumed and vice versa. You should ensure that your AC comes with at least the minimum SEER rating prescribed by the Department of Energy. Energy Star certified models help you save up to 15% of energy and costs.
- Smart Thermostat– A smart thermostat works with an internet connection and can help you control the temperature of your AC with the help of an app on your phone. They help you set your home’s temperature from anywhere, and slowly and gradually, they become habitual to your settings. This offers the users precise temperature control and ensures extra money or energy is not wasted.
Tips to Keep You AC Efficient for a Longer Time
With the following tips, you can increase the energy efficiency of your AC systems so that they stay healthy and help you save cost and energy over the long run.
- Clean the Filters and Vents of Your AC regularly– The dust that piles up on the filters and vents of your AC ends up imparting less cool air and consuming more electricity. Make a habit of cleaning them regularly.
- Keep the Doors and Windows of the House Closed– To ensure that dust and debris do not enter the home and accumulate on the AC and its parts, such as the vents, try to keep the doors and windows of the home closed.
- Avoid Using Oven or Dryer in Summers– When the days are extremely hot, avoid making use of appliances such as dryers or ovens that release hot air, as this will result in the AC working harder to provide cool air to neutralize the warm air, causing a lot of electricity consumption.
- Regular Repair and Maintenance of your ACs– Keeping your ACS maintained and free of faults is a great way to ensure that they do not consume much electricity. Time maintenance and repairs help your AC to become cost-effective and energy-efficient.
What Things are the Things that you Should Consider before Stepping Out to Purchase an HVAC System?
It is essential to keep one thing in mind while deciding on a budget is that the expensive systems tend to live long and provide high-standard quality services. So, we suggest you not compromise on the quality needs due to budget and look for financing plans that will help you purchase the equipment. Regarding the financing schemes, it is better to contact the AC installation in Lakeland, FL to help plan.
- Air quality.
- Installation process.
- After-sales maintenance services.
- Additional equipment mounting in the system.
What Happens When you Purchase an AC Without Considering all the Points?
If you choose an incompatible AC unit, there are chances you will always have something to complain about that will force you to call the AC technician in Lakeland, FL.
The Cooling Cycle of the Air Conditioner
What Causes AC to Run All Day?
Not Recommended AC Size
Dirty AC Components
Skipped AC Tune-Up
Drawbacks of Constantly Running AC
- Unexpected rise in power consumption bill.
- Premature AC breakdown.
- Damage in other AC components.
- AC is unable to control humidity and temperature.
If you see Water under the Indoor unit, Please take the following Steps:
1. Freeze-dried evaporator coils
There might be several causes of a leaking air conditioner, the first of which is a clogged air filter. When your air filter becomes clogged, air cannot pass through as quickly, causing the evaporator coils to freeze. Because refrigerant flows through your evaporator coils and requires proper airflow to absorb heat, ice will form and drip water if the airflow is restricted. Frozen evaporator coils can be caused by dirty coils, clogged vents/registers, a broken blower motor, or a refrigerant shortage.
Frozen evaporator coils indicate that your refrigerant can no longer absorb heat from your home. It will result in warm air or no air and potential compressor problems. If you notice any frozen evaporator coil, turn off the unit immediately and do not turn it back until the issue is resolved. You can avoid frozen evaporator coils by replacing your air filter every 30-90 days without covering any air vents or registers.
If changing your air filter and cleaning all of your vents doesn’t solve the problem, you may have a low refrigerant charge, which necessitates the services of a professional. Contact us for AC installation near Lakeland, FL.
2. Overflowing or Cracked Drain Pan
Your drain pan is located beneath your indoor air handler (which houses your evaporator coil) and collects any condensation produced by your air conditioning unit. The pipe is typically connected to your drip pan and drains the condensate outside.
Clean the overflow pan with a wet-dry vac and inspect the bottom, corners, and edges with a flashlight. A cracked drain pan can be temporarily repaired with water sealant, but it is best to replace the damaged item. There are usually two drain pans, one just beneath your evaporator coils (permanently fixed) and the other beneath the unit (removable).
3. Obstruction in the condensate Drain Line
- A clogged drain line is the third reason your air conditioner may be leaking. This could be a do-it-yourself project if you have the necessary tools, such as a wet-dry vacuum. Fungi, algae, and debris can accumulate in the condensate line and cause it to become clogged. It is necessary to clear the drain line regularly. You can hire a professional or do it yourself:
- Locate the PVC pipe near the drain pan of your air handler. A piece of pipe should protrude from the top at a 90-degree angle, with a small cap on top.
- Remove the cap and pour approximately six ounces of vinegar down the drain line. Every few months, it should be done to kill any algae or fungi that may have grown in your queue. If the drain line is still clogged, you must decide whether to call a professional or clear the line yourself with a wet-dry vac.
- Connect your wet-dry attachment to the outdoor condensate drain line near your condenser unit and turn on the vacuum. Most hardware stores sell an extension that connects your wet-dry vac to your outdoor drain. You can contact us to learn about AC companies in Lakeland, FL. We can assist you. Contact us at 863-551-3411 to book your appointment.