ACs are costly equipment, meant to provide cool air for a long time. However, they also have a lifespan, and after a few years, ACs start showing signs that it is time to replace them. The lifespan varies depending upon the AC brand, its usage and maintenance.
But sooner or later, you need to replace your AC so that it does not affect your health, cause ill effects to the environment, or make you spend a lot more on electricity bills. Take the help of the best company offering AC replacement in Lakeland, FL– Snow Bird Heating and Cooling.
Signs Your AC Needs to Be Replaced
- It has been used for more than ten years– Keeping your air conditioner well maintained can allow it to lead a good life for up to 15-20 years. But if not taken care of properly, the air conditioner’s life span will reduce to 10 years. Just because your air conditioner still gives you cool air doesn’t mean it is in its best condition. An increase in age leads to less efficiency and more electricity units. Please get it checked and see if it is time to replace it or not.
- It is asking for daily repairs– Maintenance of the air conditioner is a priority and must be done regularly. But if you are facing trouble in repairing the same part over and again, or your air conditioner is not providing cool air even after a technical checkup, you should start considering replacing it. If your AC is demanding regular repairs, maybe it is time to replace it.
- It provides improper airflow– Lowering the temperature and still unable to receive cool air? This is the issue of poor airflow due to the blocked passage. This blocked passage creates a problem with the compressor or the other complex part of the air conditioner. In this case, it is worth replacing the air conditioner, or it will become a liability.
- You are receiving higher bills than usual– If not turning off the air conditioner even for a single minute increases your bill rates instead of the cooling levels; this implies that you may need to replace your air conditioner soon. The air conditioner often provides cooling but still bills you more than usual. This is due to trouble with the air-conditioner and is a sign that you should replace it.
- The AC imparts an unpleasant smell– If the air conditioner is excreting an embarrassing odor, the technician must check it. Sometimes, some parts start producing harmful gas. Also, the machinery gets rust due to leakage and can even bring out a spark. It is better to replace it if you face any such condition.
- It is making unusual sounds– If you have been using your air conditioner for the last 8-9 years, it is easy to find out the unusual sounds created by it. Thus, if you start to face any strange sounds, it is best to call the technician and ask for consultation and suggestions regarding the repair or replacement of the AC.
Are you also experiencing any of the signs mentioned above? Then maybe it is time for you to get your AC replaced. Get expert advice from highly trained technicians at Snow Bird Heating and Cooling, and if required, get your old AC replaced with a brand new, highly efficient AC.